This website held great hopes for us. As in many aspects of life it did not become realized as we had wished. Coming to terms with that has been yet another aspect of our journey we ought to accept and appreciate the realization that we have learned something from said journey. Today’s entry may mark yet another attempt to share with the public the ups and downs of family life in America – and beyond. However, my major intent of this post is to begin the process of journaling for what feels to be the sake of sanity.
I am attempting to make this a daily or every other day thing in great hopes of expelling my thoughts with the intent of finding patterns of healthy and unhealthy behavior. All too often we allow life to take us on a journey we didn’t sign up for. We become reactionary and quick with emotion and generally lack time for meditation and contemplation. I am certainly no exception.
As these entries may be of no definitive length I will jot down here what is on my mind after having finished a few minutes of morning meditation. A personal journal of sorts. I know by posting these on one of our many sites ( one seemingly seldom viewed ) I will have it saved somewhere other than one of our backup hard drives at our house and I will be able to come back and reflect on my thoughts of past regardless.
- 4:00 am: Awakened too early from panting scared dogs next to our bed – it was thunder and lightening outside.
- 6:00 am: Alarm signals beginning of a day and the honor of being able to wake up my two young boys who have asked to say morning prayers with me. Our first day was on their first day of school. Hope it lasts.
- 7:00 am: Clean kitchen area, start a load of laundry, fold a load of laundry, have a bowl of cereal and view my children in great wonder as to what they are thinking as they are approaching their second day of school.
- 7:15 am: Power up computer-allowing time for all necessary work items to load.
- 7:17 am: Read (re-read) parts of my Anxiety workbook that I know are of benefit to my well being.
- 7:25am: Create a reminder note to meditate and practice some body scans today
- 7:30 am: Sit in office with phone app “Calm” to review methods of regaining focus I have clearly misplaced. Completed 5 mins of breathing exercises.
- 7:40 am: Moved on to 20 minutes of a Progressive Muscle Relaxation technique via the ‘Calm’ app.
- 8:10am: Began this post.
Continue Reading »